San Jose, California
Featured 100% full

I just tried Stopzilla Optimizer on my windows PC. I tried it because it says it's made in the USA and I am a fanatic USA supporter. Well guess what, it's NOT. It seems it is a copy of RegCleanPro, a company based out of India, the country of scams!

It makes me wonder if any of their "software" is made in the US? Are they even a US Based Company? Do Americans work there? Shameful STOPZILLA, shameful to disrespect the US Flag!

How shameful. To place the American Flag on a product and claim its made in the US.

Truly a sad day...

Had an Experience with Stopzilla?

Comments

Jpcp131364

Never use any optimizer on the registry. It is a very dangerous practice.

Brian Hannan
Boca Raton, Florida, United States #789572

Hi,

My name is Brian Hannan and I work at STOPzilla as the lead Quality Assurance Engineer and Development Coordinator and I can assure that our products are made in the USA.You are correct that the STOPzilla Optimizer is, in fact, a derivative of SysTweak's "RegClean Pro" product which is based out of India but we have made some changes to their original product.

Systweak is a legitimate company that makes great software and we are proud to sell our version of their software.

It is not our intention to deceive our customers; we are here to help our customers have fast-running, malware-free computers. It just happens that the website pages at stopzilla.com are created using a template and the "Made in USA" image at the top is on all pages, including the STOPzilla Optimizer. It not entirely untrue because many hours of development and coordination went into creating the STOPzilla Optimizer and USA workers completed that task right here in Boca Raton, FL. However, I see what you mean and I understand how you might feel deceived but again that was not our intention.

Our flagship STOPzilla AntiVirus and AntiMalware applications are 100% designed, developed, tested and supported here in Boca Raton, FL in the United States!

Sorry for any inconvenience or feeling of deceit this may have caused you.I hope you will reconsider your position on this matter.

Sincerely, Brian Hannan

to Brian Hannan #983936

I have very little faith in your ability as a "Quality Assurance Engineer and Development Coordinator" If you believe that Systweak's "RegClean Pro" Is a legitimate company and makes great software.

You have little to no knowledge of computers if you believe what this guy is saying.

I have been a PC Technician for 4 years now. I am certified in A+ Net+ I have pretty good knowledge when it comes to computers and how they work. When It comes to doing virus cleanups. I have been doing them for about 6 years.

I can tell you one thing StopZilla or Regclean Pro or any of that crapware is not in my USB of Tools I carry around.Trust me it's for a reason.

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #752023

You can find all the free software programs you need to clean/optimize your computer by doing a search on the web.Or, just go to Kim Komando's site(the computer guru)and look around.

She has loads of free stuff for your computer. The first thing I do when setting up a new computer is to dump all the "bloatware" that comes with them, like Norton, McAfee, etc. and get the free Avast anti-virus, Malwarebytes, etc.

Even Microsoft has the free Microsoft Essentials.