Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Stopzilla and Smartsupport

Stopzilla has worked excellent for me. I Bought smartsupport two months ago because i kept getting viruses with my top five antivirus.I used smartsupport four times they fixed my computer every time for $250 first year and $99 for the 2Nd year for unlimited fixes and tune ups.I think the service is well worth the money and since they installed stopzilla which does very thorough scans and quarantines incoming threats it even stopped and quarantined that pesky fbi virus.I think the money i spend is well worth the service of both i finally have peace of mind.
stopzilla

Thank you for the positive feedback. Maintaining a development and support organization in the United States is very expensive, and unlike our competitors, we do not export these jobs overseas.

Your continued suport of STOPzilla keeps your computer free of infections, keeps jobs in the United States and allow us to create a quality product with excellent customer support.

We appreciate your business, and will continue working to keep you a happy and protected customer for years to come.

Review
I purchased stopzilla over a year ago and the product did not work. I was sent overseas for help and they ended up removing several folders and programs from my computer that could never be relocated. I attempted to use the program a short time later and never could...

STOPzilla is designed, developed, serviced, and supported in Boca Raton, Florida. All of our STOPzilla tech support personnel are American based in Boca Raton. I am the Customer Advocate for the company, I can help you with any issue, I am also based in Boca Raton, FL., here is my contact information:

1 888 777 7819 ext 218

Please feel free to contact me at anytime as I am here to help.

View more comments
Loss
Stopzilla CANCELLED my lifetime subscription. Some lifetime agreement they made with me! If any company ever deserved a class action law suit against them my impression is IS3 / Stopzilla does. I hope some law firm takes a close look at this company and it's...

Omg! Why am I not surprised.

Even if you pay your on way they still f&%k you.

I'm scared now. That's for the heads up.

View more comments
Tags
  • action law suit

My attemts to cancell Stopzilla prove impossible by email

When I received notice of intension to take a payment from my account to renew my subscription for a further 12 months I immediatly tried to contact them to cancell.I found the email I had received was one way only and could not contact Stopzilla this I found very disturbing.I am now contacting my Bank to stop any further payments being made. I think that any business which makes it difficult to contact them is not to be trusted.I refuse to use the telephone as they did not contact me this way yet refuses to allow me to contact them by the method they used the email. Be warned do not sign up with this company as deregistring is made impossible by them.
#620096

Same here, couldn't stop there services until they were past the 60 days payment can be refunded from automatic payments. And i have this strong feeling that i have asked then to stop these automatic renewals befire but don't have proof.

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear you had an issue cancelling your subscription! We try everything humanly possible to make sure each one of our customers' concerns are addressed promptly and professionally.

Unfortunately, our outgoing emails are sent from a DO NOT REPLY address; any emails you send to it will not be received. There are several contact options located on our website, including a phone number prominently located on every page on the website.

We would love to resolve your issue immediately; please rest assured knowing we do not intentionally make it difficult to contact us for any reason. Please send us an email to support@stopzilla.com or call toll-free: 1-888-348-4282.

We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience; please give us a call or email and we'll resolve your problem right away.

Thank you!

Alex

STOPzilla.com

View more comments (1)

Stopzilla in Ascot, England - Scammed my credit card

All should be aware Stopzilla is complete scam. My credit card was charged over £400 pounds sterling by this company without my authority, when I tried to cancel the payment the cc company would not accept that I did not order the service as I had no paperwork and could not get hold of any. All emails to the company go unanswered all calls end up in India where they just try to take more money from you. I have now received something from a company called Smart Support who guess what want more money. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM. Its a fraud.

Papascroober,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had an issue or erroneous charge from our business. Please understand we do not intend to defraud or scam our customers. If you've received a charge from our business, you've most likely solicited it.

Also, our customer service is completely US based. If you've reached what seems to be a call center in India, you're most likely dialing the wrong number. We've never dealt with Indian customer support companies, and we never will.

Rest assured, I will ensure your issue is resolved. Please call 1-877-877-9944 and select the billing department between 9am and 10pm EST. Please explain your issue and it will be resolved quickly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

@STOPzilla_Alex

These are LIES. They sold me a computer service contract for $250, and told me I would be getting American service from American technicians, and who do I get a call from not 30 minutes later, a nice man in India who was assigned my computer.

They will tell you any lie they can dream up to take your hard earned money from you, and obviously don't care about keeping jobs in America like they'll tell you.

This company is out to defraud you, stay away. :eek

@STOPzilla_Alex

So Mr. Alex you are saying no form of IS3's tech support is outsourced to INDIA (I***X)?

View more comments (2)

STOPZILLA

I have bought the product twice on 2 different occasions. I didn't renew nothing. Only paid for 1 year. I did not renew when the year was up. Months later that had passed, I see on my credit card unlawful transactions. Stopzilla helped themselves to my money. When I contacted them, they tried to sell me more products. Did not acknowledge there wrong. BEWARD, THEY ABUSE YOUR CREDIT CARD. Oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well, oh see oh well oh well oh well oh sell oh well oh well oh well.

they charged me for 3 years until my wife noticed it on our credit card statement.

Watch out for tricky small print and emails. They don't listen to refund requests. You are just out of luck.

I think it is time to get this company out of business - and deservedly so - with a major punitive damage, as a result of a class action suit. Any body with an eager lawyer friend/family?

NoIntegrity,

Please understand we have a 24/7 US based technical support line that can assist you at anytime.

We encourage our customers to contact us with their questions or concerns. If you don't let us know of your issue, we can't help you.

View more comments (2)

Stop Stopzilla

Stopzilla is about as bad as they come. They prey on people who have their computer infected. They then sell you a service, that in my case, did not help at all. Then, I called them to have them look at my computer, and they said they would investigate for no cost. After the Stopzilla employee found the infection, she then told me I would need to pay an addition $300 to have her remove it. I laughed, the computer wasn't worth $300. This happened a year ago. Then, a year later, I received a fee on my credit card from them. After having talked to 4 different persons, they told me that they never charged my credit card..... This company is a scam!! Stay away.

Hey there,

I realize this is an old complaint but I want to let you know that STOPzilla does not charge our customer's credit cards at will. STOPzilla is a subscription based service and just like others, simply stopping use of the product (in this case uninstalling) does not cancel the billing aspect of the account. Please understand that we do not actively solicit customers nor do we "prey" on them. The only way we know that you have a virus is when you come to us for a solution.

I would love to change your mind about our product and fix any mistakes we made. Please send me an email at support@is3.com!

Stopzilla Tried to scam me

Unintsall Stopzilla from your computer. I felt I was being scammed by the support people. They were in India and the primary support person accessed my computer without asking for approval. He also asked me if I did banking on my computer. The entire time I was on the phone with this man, it sounded like there was a party going on in the background and he muted the sound several times. He put me through to his 'supervisor' who could not provide proof or documentation that he was a Windows Certified Repair Technician. They were asking or 300.00 to fix the problems on my computer.

Hello everyone,

I realize this is an old complaint but I want to let you know that STOPzilla is not a fraud. Our product is tried and proven and although it is not freeware, the program can still eliminate present threats. As with any business, we must still sell a product with more features than the free one.

Also, I wanted to address the fact that our tech support line never has and never will be outsourced. We are a purely US-based support staff and have been since the company's inception.

I'd like to invite you all to try our product again and give us feedback. You can do so on Facebook where we can address your concerns or fix anything that might have been less than favorable.

Thanks.

#412045

They just tried to auto bill me for 37.00 from 19.00 last year. Says I am on the auto renew system.

I never signed up for that. Tried to call the phone number guess what out of service . These guys are a scam. The software did not do anything .

Have already called my credit card company. This should not go through anyways since its a updated card with a differnt number....

!!!!! IDIOTS :(

Don't buy it, don't try it! Rebate is a scam, PC will be bogged down by Stopzilla. Think of running two antiviruses at once- I removed it and system ran 100% better.

I know you can get desperate when you PC's not running correctly but Stopzilla will just sink the Jeep, and your Wallet deeper into the mud. Notify the FTC and State Attorney Generals Office.

They need to be brought to Justice.

IS3 stopzilla was a good product and it works well. but sometimes there are things that it cannot fix.

so they have the Diagnostic scan tool that works. it allows a tech agent to see whats running on your comp and manually remove any threat. Now to the problem..... stopzilla now outsources there customer/tech support.

when you call for help now you get some guy in india trying to tell you your problem cannot be fixed with stopzilla. so now you need to pay him $300.00 so he can remover it for you and he is a microsoft certified tech. Thats the scam its not Stopzilla its the outsorced tech agency over seas. I have called there home offices in Florida and just pushed random ext.numbers till i finnaly talked to a live person.

when i told them what was going on with there customer/tech support center he said that they are not supposed to do that and he would bring it up to the bunch incharge of the tech guys. then he asked me to hold on that he would patch me threw to there inhouse tech support. about 5 mins later i was talking to some1 that i could understand that lived in america and he fixed the problem after about 10 mins of looking. That is how stopzilla tech support used to be.

and that changed well i think maybe 4-5 years ago. now you can only talk to the ***'s overseas that will not even try to fix the problem unless you pay them. so everyone call there home office number try to speak to someone live and complain about whats happening to you.

The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. and lets see if we can get those scaming outsourced tech guys kicked to the curve

View more comments (3)
Review

Stopzilla in Gig Harbor, Washington - Customer Support Scam?

I purchased Stopzilla April of 2011 for a laptop. I sold that laptop and bought a new one a couple months ago. I eventually remembered my 1-year subscription and preceded to download Stopzilla on my new laptop. Once I did I entered my original reg. key, but got a failed registering message with a number to call. I called and selected customer support about the problem and they said that it would be no problem to fix it. She "re-activated" my reg. key and it worked (by the way the tech had to remote in my laptop to fix this problem - probably a warning sign then). Immediately after the reg. key worked, my background went black and she said "oh your computer appears to be running slow...". She then (via remote access) went through my computer services and told me there were too many services running and showed me these warnings/errors in event viewer. She said my computer had been hacked and that damage had been sustained. She said to prevent further damage and to fix this (no program could) that I had one of two options...go to best buy and pay $359 for one-time fix, which would take a week; or use their "certified Microsoft technicians" for a better price (of course) for 1 or 2-year service (like $200+ something for 1-year). I declined several times before she finally stopped haggling me. This is where it gets good...so after she disconnects (from remote access) all of my currently opened programs and IE browser start to close and my computer proceeds to shutdown and restart. Upon restart it goes immediately to safe-mode (nothing works even in safe-mode). I'm like, OK I'll just restart and it'll be fine...no it wasn't'. I eventually had to recover my hard-drive and re-install to factory settings (luckily I had nothing really important saved on my HD). In my furious rage I called back customer service and went off on another tech about the situation. He oddly spoke to key things as if he knew what the previous tech told me (rehearsed scam) and then tried to sell my their services ("Microsoft certified" of course) to fix my computer...I was like f#@! no and f#%! off. I was like this is either a scam or just a really great coincidence (as I had no problems at all prior to this call)...he said "oh yes this coincidence...
#611980

My name is Alexis and I am the Customer Advocate for STOPzilla. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience as we strive to deliver the utmost in Customer Service and Technical Support. SmartSupport, the organization you spoke with, will log on to the computer as all fixes are handled remotly. Should your computer have an issue it will be diagnosed and help will be offered. SmartSupport and STOPzilla are two separate organizations that are both available for your convenience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can further assist you with any issue you may have.

Alexis Arce

Customer Advocate

888 777 7819 ext 218

dang, I wish I would have seen this earlier, cause this just happened to me today

View more comments (1)
Review

Stopzilla in Washington, District Of Columbia - Sold me something that didn't do what it was supposed to do.

Stopzilla stinks. It doesn't do what it is advertised to do and their technical support really sucks. I can't understand a word they're saying and it seems that their only purpose is to sell you something you don't need. I had one particular spyware or malware problem, (I don't know the difference) and when I googled it, I read that Stopzilla would get rid of this exact problem, so I bought it and downloaded it. It not only didn't fix the problem,but it gave me new ones. When I called for help, they told me it wasn't their problem, it was that my computer was infected. I was told that for $299.00 they would clean out my computer. The advisor was very persistant trying to sell me on it. I declined and re-installed my Norto 360 Premier Version. I ran a full scan and everything was fixed. I uninstaled Stopzilla. I sent three emails to Stopzilla, asking for a refund and I haven't heard from them yet.

Hi Body1949,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My name is Ben Groshek, and I am the Online Communications Director at STOPzilla.

I would very much like to help you with this issue. I'm sorry to read that support was not able to assist you properly. Please contact me via the information provided below, and I will personally ensure you receive your refund.

Thanks again,