Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Can't Stopzilla

I purchased a one year subscription of Stopzilla, just prior to the end of the yearI got a message to renew. I decided to go a different direction. During the process of installing the new software, which included uninstalling Stopzilla, the computer started locking up with a message that the new software could not complete installation. I got a refund from the new company, Stopzilla wants money to "fix" the problem. I believe Stopzilla should provide support to uninstall their software at no charge. Not a product I would recommend unless you are in it for the life of your computer.

Dear STOPzilla user, I do apologize for any issues you may have had concerning our software. STOPzilla is a call away, ready and willing to assist you.

Our Technicians are available 7 days a week and there is never a charge for Tech Support for our product. Please call us toll free at 1.800.213.9843.

You can also email us at support@STOPzilla.com. We will have you on your way within minutes.

Looking forward to your call,

Shae Porter

Customer Care Unit

Review
Cons
  • Being held hostage
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • malware prevention
  • Virus Software

Stopzilla in Phoenix, Arizona - Sometimes companies promise big things - BUT beware behind the words being said to you. They can be very misleading and sometimes deceiving too.

I have ran into the same type of problems but some are worse, I was told no money would be deducted until after I rec'd the pkg and had 30 days to review and a few 7 days after the pkg came. The pkg took over 2 1/2wks to get. They already took the money out of my account. I never even had the pkg to review and I am still waiting for over $60.00 in refunds.I suggest in the future they send you and email with word for word that was told to you and keeping a copy of it. Then think if you have the proof on receiving these items in the next 45 days. Good Luck! I havent received anthing promised and it is going on 2 or 3 months now. Sincerely, Deb
#919499

Deb, I would like to provide our support information so that we can assist with any problems that are being encountered. Our support page for STOPzilla is http://www.stopzilla.com/support/stopzilla/home.do.

We have live chat, email, and phone support available for any kind of STOPzilla related issue. Feel free to call us at 1-877-877-9944 so we can address this issue.

Stopzilla - Customer Service Review from Bellevue, Washington

You idiots are buying from third parties and not reading terms when your downloading programs. Stopzilla HQ is in boca raton florida. and if you call within 60 days of the renewal you get a refund if requested. They call me every year and email me 60 and 30 days before it auto renews, but you brilliant consumers dont answer 800 numbers and pay no mind to your spam folders. If your on the phone with a guy in India then you didnt do your homework. Always confirm your not speaking with a retailer, They know me by my first name, i have lifetime support through them and AVM. they always answer the phone and resolve my issues!!

The poster from Bellevue, WA is correct. I'm a StopZilla Reseller.

It seems to me that the negative posts are from hateful competitors of StopZilla. This is typical in most cases with any kind of product competition on the internet. StopZilla is a very good product. It is NOT a scam or a virus.

They answer the phone naming their company. You never ever talk to Achmed from India, or Akeem from Pakistan.

It's made right here in America, and all of their employees live and work right here in America as well. So, do your homework before you post such negative and untrue propaganda about another company or product.

Stopzilla - Purchased 1 yr . need reg key

few mins ago purchased 1 yr , did not receive REG KEY in e / mail diana strength , i gave all info fr my visa card, i cked e/ mail , i need reg key to install on my computer . my e/ mail add / raydfloud@yahoo.com . type of caed/ visa. will u please ck @ send me ,reg key so i can install???????? i have always used S topzilla so so so i need reg key]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] my card was visa mu name is Diana Strength 746 n union ave Ozark AL. thank you thank you , please respond thank u very much sincerely Diana Strength

Hi Diana,

Please contact our tech support at 1-877-877-9944, and we will be happy to help you.

Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Stopzilla keeps charging your credit card without ever notifying you

I bought a one year subscription for STOPzilla in 2011. Nothing in the original messages indicated that they treat this as an ongoing subscription. After this initial purchase, you never hear from the company again, EXCEPT that they continue to charge your account every year without ever giving you any notification. Unfortunately I used my girlfriend's credit card, and she didn't check the statements carefully, so I have been charged four times before I discovered the scam. In fact, I haven't even been using the computer on which the program was installed for more than two years. The company flatly refuses to refund past payments. If you don't want to be ripped off, stay away from STOPzilla!

STOPzilla has been relentless in improving the quality of our software, and in the last two years we earned excellent marks from independent groups like West Coast Labs and OPSWAT for the superior detection rate of our product.

As a trial customer in need of technical support, please give us a call at 1-877-877-9944, and we will be happy to help you.

Furthermore, we also inform our customers at checkout and via email that once they visit http://portal.stopzilla.com, they may change their subscription options to opt-out of the CPP. We also notify all our customers by email 30 days prior to renewal that their protection is going to be extended for another year. Finally, we also send our emails through a 3rd party service to ensure the highest possible deliverability rate on these critical communications. Like all antivirus software, we operate on annual subscriptions.

We fully disclose this, and we are extremely transparent about it.

Maintaining a development and support organization in the United States is very expensive, and unlike our competitors, we do not export these jobs overseas. If there is anything we can do to keep you protected, feel free to call on us at 1-888-522-2005.

Featured
Stopzilla Optimizer
I just tried Stopzilla Optimizer on my windows PC. I tried it because it says it's made in the USA and I am a fanatic USA supporter. Well guess what, it's NOT. It seems it is a copy of RegCleanPro, a company based out of India, the country of scams! It makes me...
Jpcp131364

Never use any optimizer on the registry. It is a very dangerous practice.

View more comments
Tags
  • is3 software

Stopzilla in Chicago, Illinois - Over Charged

I bought Stopzilla last year for $39.95. This year they decided to charge my credit card $49.95 thinking I wouldn't notice, not int in my house! Then I check the BBB and see they have been revoked. Wow, marginal software, terrible support and now this. Good bye Stopzilla, hello Avast. The best part is that they wanted to upgrade me to a lifetime for 49.95 and I read they cancel it a year later !!! Sham company, product never worked from day one, I just forgot about it until today. Custer Support = Terrible. Tech support never returned one email or phone call.

Stopzilla in Dallas, Texas - Lifetime subscription? HA

I have a lifetime subscription with Stopzilla that now cannot be loaded onto my new pc without these clowns from India wanting to remote access my PC. Never had to do that before, when I bought new PCs. These days it pays to be cautious. Both calls I made, to get this loaded on my new pc resulted up in me speaking with a guy from India, although the 2nd time he said he was in NY. Each time they wanted to remote into my PC where previous attempts only required them to send me the auth code via email. There is no way I am going to let some unauthenticated clown remote into my pc. I recommend caution to all that try to reload this app. Remote access was never required before and I'll be darned if I will let them do it now.

I have a lifetime key that no longer works. The new keys are longer.

When I called iS3 they told me they have no record of my email so I sent a copy of the email registration with email address and key to them she then said she could not find my email registration and I needed to call another time. Every time they make a change this gets worse, now it's cut into 4 seperate products....

To those who have had a negative experience with STOPzilla in the past, I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Unfortunately, many companies are misrepresenting themselves as STOPzilla even though they are not.

All official STOPzilla representatives are located in Boca Raton, FL, and our official support phone numbers are listed at http://www.stopzilla.com/support/. The next time you get a call from someone in India claiming to be us, ask them for their name and phone number to call them back. I can guarantee you they do not work for us. Our tech support line never has and never will be outsourced.

We house a purely US-based support staff and have been doing so since the company's inception.

In response to complaints concerning renewal subscriptions, upon your initial purchase of STOPzilla, before the credit card is even processed, we fully disclose that you are enrolling in our Constant Protection Program (CPP). We do not attempt to hide this information, and it is readily available on our website:

http://www.stopzilla.com/about/legal/terms/ Furthermore, we also inform our customers at checkout and via email that once they visit http://portal.stopzilla.com, they may change their subscription options to opt-out of the CPP.

We also notify all our customers by email 30 days prior to renewal that their protection is going to be extended for another year. Finally, we also send our emails through a 3rd party service to ensure the highest possible deliverability rate on these critical communications. Like all antivirus software, we operate on annual subscriptions. We fully disclose this, and we are extremely transparent about it.

Maintaining a development and support organization in the United States is very expensive, and unlike our competitors, we do not export these jobs overseas. STOPzilla is priced lower than most of our competitors, even though it works better. Your continued support of STOPzilla keeps your computer free of infections, maintains jobs in the United States, and allows us to create a quality product with excellent customer support.

Again, I apologize that you had a bad experience, and we hate to lose you as a customer. If there is anything we can do to keep you protected, feel free to call on us at 1-888-522-2005.

We made the mistake of sending overflow calls to other Support Centers and some resided in India. We later realized that they were not provided service up to our standards and soon after relinquished them of their services to us.

Sorry to anyone who was inconvenienced by this mistake.

Also, when calling support always be sure to go directly to www.stopzilla.com to find the support phone number because rogue support companies have been known to target AV companies posing as support for their company when, in fact, they are not associated with those companies in any way. Google allows this to happen and there is no way for us to stop it when it does happen.

Also, sometimes remoting into your computer is necessary but only if you are experiencing problems that we cannot guide you through over the phone yourself.

View more comments (2)

Stopzilla - Terrible Product

This product does not compare to the other anitvirus or antimalware products on the market. Their customer service and support are never available. To top it off, the software froze my computer. The program claims to stop viruses and malware, but when you call customer service, they try to sell you a fix to your computer for over $100. They are misrepresenting their product and company. They had legal problems in recent years and I am surprised they aren't shut down. If you look up the company online, you will see many complaints about the products and complaints from ex-employees.

Stopzilla in Houston, Texas - It autoinstalled itself

I was downloading something from CNET, and it did a drive by download and installed without my authorization, and after 2 hours of hard work I finally removed it, but only for it to reinstall itself from CNET, when I wasn't even on the website... Becareful of CNET downloads that include Stopzilla. As a computer person that has experience, this stuff is hard to uninstall, but when it does its not a good, it means there is an ever cookie, or an zombie cookie that is keeping its nodes(Pointers I call then nodes). It took hackware to remove my Stopzilla, because the one I downloaded isn't the one they give you on the website. I've checked that download it isn't as hard to remove, but the one from CNET isn't safe.

We have our free product on CNET but none of our software is bundled with any other software. I'm not sure what happened here but I am interested to know exactly what you downloaded in case there is a rogue software out there imitating us. Our program is really easy to uninstall unlike Norton or others which require a separate uninstaller half the time.

Not sure what this person is talking about? I have been a StopZilla customer for many years and it is by far the best product on the market of its kind.

Easy to install and sure it doesnt just uninstall itself.

View more comments (1)